Aboding Co-Living: Rooms for Rent in London
At Aboding we understand that living in London can be lonely and expensive and lacks the sociable, community feel that people got used to at university or in the smaller towns where they grew up.
At the moment there are two real choices. If you don’t want the hassle, inflexibility or expense of renting a whole property for yourself (or with friends) you can rent a room in an existing houseshare or flatshare (or someone’s spare room) or you can rent a room in a purpose built Co-Living Space. You could also rent a shared room – but that’s a little bit too cosy for most people.
Both Options have their Drawbacks.
Rent a Room
- Often poorly managed or not managed at all
- No community feel
- Other than your flatmates there are no opportunities to meet new friends
- What if you don’t like one o r more of the housemates
- Housing can be poor quality or not well maintained
- Often issues with paying bills or using too much electric
- Sharing Bathrooms with lots of others
- If you are renting someone’s spareroom you can feel like an outsider
Purpose Built Co-Living Accommodation
- Mostly located far from the centre
- Bedrooms are often small
- Building can be cheaply constructed – do you really want to hear your neighbours at 3am through the walls?
- Cramped and overcrowded feel
- Can be hard to find somewhere quiet outside of the bedroom
- Pressure to dress up and look good every time you leave your room
- Can feel like you are still a student – which no doubt some people want!
- It can be stressful living with so many people
The Aboding Co-Living Solution
At Aboding we have tried to position ourselves somewhere in between the two common solutions taking the best from both worlds. With a portfolio of smaller properties ranging from 4 to 7 bedrooms, all around the same area in Zone 2 East London, we rent rooms but we also make you part of the wider Aboding Co-Living Community.
Why Rent a Room in London with Aboding Co-Living?
- Regular organised social events
- Be part of a wider community but socialise when you want
- Get to know a smaller group of housemates well
- Most rooms have their own en-suite bathrooms
- All locations close to Central London – Zone 2
- Switch property or rooms once per year for free
- Your own dedicated property manager
- All bills included, regular cleaning, superfast broadband
- Aboding Co-Living is owned by the landlord
- No estate agents to deal with
- No fees to pay
- Properties maintained to a high standard